Monday, March 19, 2012

Amigurumi Mushroom Keychain

One way to never lose your keys in your purse again?, add a giant mushroom. :)


I used this free pattern for the Mario Bros inspired amigurumi mushroom. It was pretty easy to make but as always, I would change things a little. First of all, I would love a tiny version of this. Maybe I will try crocheting with embroidery floss or crochet thread. Also, in row 4, I would crochet in back loops only to give the bottom more structure. Lastly, I would add 2 more rows to row 4-7. The stem of the mushroom is just too short compared to it's huge head. hehe (sorry... my mind just went to bad place. :p)



I added the ribbon with the keychain finding to the middle dot before stitching it to the mushroom cap. For more strength, you should add the ribbon to the actual mushroom cap before closing it up and then through the dot too.



It smells good, believe me :), and that's because I put a used dryer sheet in the middle of all the stuffing. Besides, dusting, another use for your used dryer sheets and lint is stuffing for your amigurumi and felties. Not only is it free and plentiful, it makes your cuties smell good. :)

Yum! Mushrooms!! :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That is a cute mushroom! He's quite a big one too!

    ReplyDelete