Friday, March 2, 2012

First Koala Amigurumi

Here is the promised day light pictures of my first amigurumi koala. I say my first because I want to try to make other patterns and to see if I can make him more kawaii. :)



I got the free pattern from Woman's Day. I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in Grey Heather with 9mm safety eyes. He looks blue in the pics but he's actually grey. I did not use the crochet nose in the pattern, instead I used felt. I also embroidered a smile onto his cute face.

I added the heart before stuffing the body but now I think I should have waited till after the arms and legs were on. My little guy looks skinnier than the pattern or other peep's versions but that might be due to the yarn or my tension. I added a little hanger on the top of his head so he can be clipped to a book bag. :)

Hopefully, he will have some company soon. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment