Saturday, May 12, 2012

Steampunk Hat hair clip

I made a surprise for my favorite Bunny. I hope she will honor me by wearing it to MobiCon. :) And if I am really good, she will send me a picture of her wearing it. hehe


I made this basic hat with this really cute free crochet pattern. I added a white band but wanted to dress it up. :) So I made this 5 min flower with this free pattern. On the inside, I added cardboard from an empty grits box and toilet paper roll and some polyfill to give the hat structure.


It was hard but I found a blue button that matched the color of the yarn. Blue is so varied that if it is too purple or too green, it just doesn't go well together. I also wanted to hint at Steampunk so I added this washer.


The flower is pinned on with a safety pin so she can move it where ever she likes. :)


I added 2 hair clips so that the hat doesn't wobble around. You can't see it because it is hidden by the black felt but I hot glued on a little card board to connect the two hair clips so that you can push them both open at the same time.

Materials:
Caron Simply Soft Yarn in Celestial, White, and Soft Blue
3.25mm Crochet hook
Lock Washer External Tooth SAE #410 
(couldn't read the size)
Cardboard and Toilet paper roll

I also tried to crochet this cute free rose pattern but it was too big.


Good Luck with the booth at MobiCon! I hope all the cute crafts made by my friends and me sell. :)

1 comment:

  1. Darling, THANK YOU!!! I absolutely love this little hat! I'm definitely going to wear it! And you never know, you might have requests for it next year ;)

    And thank you for all the yummy candies and goodies! Becky and I both like those biscuits too. They are our faves, but we don't find them that often here in the Asian markets. So thanks!

    I think my mom will love her dragon! My aunt thought it was adorable with its little fang :)

    ReplyDelete