Sunday, August 26, 2012

Football Baby Earflap Crochet Hat

Here's another hat for the Solider's Angels of California Baby Shower.
I thought it would be cute to make a football hat for a baby boy.


Yarn: Lion Brand Yarn's Vanna's Choice
in Chocolate and White
Hook: 5 mm
Circumference: 14 in
Height (not including ear flaps): 5.5 in 
Pattern: Football Hat by Sandra Clifton
Adjustments: On the ear flaps
I used an invisible dec with dc and when I turned
for the next row, I invisible dec in the back loops (aka the right side)
I stopped after 6 rows and used the space between dc to thread the ties.

Because I was using a thicker yarn I was thinking of just making the preemie pattern so that the size would come out to a newborn size. After I did a few dc to check the size, I thought it wouldn't make the hat too much bigger if I worked the newborn pattern. I was wrong, I should have gone with my first instinct. But it did allow for the baby to grow into the hat and to wear it longer. More football games with dad. :)

Here is another free Football Crochet Earflap Baby hat Pattern from Jenny and Teddy

baby football crochet hat free pattern

And I love this idea of making it for a girl baby.
Daughters like to watch football with their daddies too. :)

Baby Girl Football Beanie Hat Pretty In Pink Toddler 3 - 6 month to 2 Years  - Cute Photo Prop

2 comments:

  1. Love them both! will definitely be making them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you post them on your blog so I can see them! :)

      Delete