Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fuzzy Chunky Crochet Baby Bear Hat

A Quick and Easy Newborn Hat with Ears


For once I actually used the same yarn and hook size that the pattern did. O.o I know! I surprised myself too. I would feel like I'm the in the Twilight Zone if I do not make any adjustments to the pattern either. :p hehe

Circumference: 12 in
Height: 5 in
Yarn: Loops and Threads's Country Loom
in Landscape
Hook: 6 mm
Pattern: Fuzzy Bear Newborn Hat with Ears by Alli Crafts
I did have to change a very small part of this pattern.
I crochet in rounds on the ears instead of in rows.
That's all. :)

I did have some trouble working with this fuzzy yarn because I couldn't see the stitches.
Panda's Tip of the Day:
Here are some ways I helped myself see the stitches.
Keep an eye out for the center thread. It is usually what is taught/tight. That is how you can see the stitches.




I also added bobby pins to help me keep count of my stitches.
Along with counting, I just felt for the holes between the stitches and relied on my muscle memory.


Thankfully, this yarn is so fuzzy, it would probably hide any mistakes you made. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Lots and lots of lovely hats finished! They are all adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete