Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pineapple Angel Food Cupcakes

I saw this really easy recipe for a Pineapple Angel Food Cake and had to try it for my friend's birthday. I ended up using the exact same ingredients as she did but I wanted to make mine into cupcakes.

This picture is from her blog.
Here are how mine came out.


I ate one hot, right out of the oven. The top was crunchy and sweet because of caramelization of the pineapple juices. It was ok, not too much pineapple flavor. So, I ate another one after they had cooled. It tasted a little better. But I wanted more flavor. Therefore, I had to eat a third one but with chocolate whipped frosting on it. hehe It was ok too.

After eating 3 of them, I have to be honest. I don't know if I like them. 

I did not read the side panel of the box or I would've known exactly how to cook them as cupcakes. Usually cupcake instructions are on the back along with the other instructions so I just thought that you shouldn't make them into cupcakes. Stupid me because I didn't cook them at the right temperature. I will have to try them again but cooking them at the right temperature and time according to the box instructions. What I did was cook them at 350 degrees and checked them after 15min. They were done but as soon as they left the oven, they deflated. :(


I tried 2 other cakes and now I know why they say don't spray the pan because Angel Food cake needs to climb to be nice and fluffy. As you can see, the one in the loaf pan with the parchment paper deflated horribly.

My mom likes it because she likes pineapple and she doesn't like anything too sweet. They are light too.

I might just stick to my pineapple whipcreme pie. :p But that's for another post. hehe

1 comment:

  1. LOL Ah, the adventures of baking. Reminds me of the time I added too much baking soda to a blueberry cobbler.....sigh. Not good!

    Good try on the pineapple cupcakes. You should definitely try again. You should use a frosting that will add a little bit more sweetness without subtracting from the pineapple taste ;)

    ReplyDelete