Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sea Themed Bridal Shower Prize 1 - Dolphin

One of my closest friends is getting married and I'm a bridesmaid! I was so happy to help her with her wedding prep that I didn't realize all the stuff that comes with being a crafty bridesmaid. 

Her Bridal shower is coming in 2 weeks and I'm in charge of making all the favors and game prizes. Of course, I volunteered but that doesn't take away from the monumental task. I also have to make some of the crucial pieces to her outfit. (more posts to come :) )

Here is the first prize I made, a dolphin ami! I wanted to make a small one, about the size of a keychain. Even though I used the pattern for the smaller dolphin, it came it really big so I decided to just leave it as is. :) 

She doesn't have a name yet. I'm going to let the winner name her. :)
The game is an icebreaker where you introduce yourself and then have to remember everyone before you. The first person to remember everyone's name and adjective will get this cutie pie. :) A monumental task since there are about 25 guests. :p I doubt I am even going to try. hehe
Pattern: Daddy and Baby Dolphin from Sweet N' Cute Creations
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Hook:  I forgot :p Most likely 4.25mm
Finding: button eyes and my own hanger system (not pictured)
Made: around Sept. 25, 2012

I didn't change the pattern from what I remember. I just sewed the tail fins into the bottom opening instead of sewing the bottom close first. 

Good luck to those ladies! hehe And shh...it's a surprise. :p The only person who knows about my blog is the bride. hehe

”Tip

No comments:

Post a Comment